If you are a caregiver, these are conversations you can have often with your spouse.
1. Talk about how you met and got together, what made your partner stand out and or what were your first impressions.
2. Talk about what you remember most about your first date and the first few days/months/year of your relationship. What was significant and what were the highlights. What did you do together?
3. When, where, how did you fall in love, propose, want to be together and/or decide to get married.
4. Talk about how you decided to get married, where to live, and the feelings, challenges, difficulties and highlights.
5. Talk about what you remember about the wedding, the honeymoon and other special events and trips.
6. Talk about the adjustments you had to make as a couple and the transitions from single to married to parenthood.
7. Talk about the moments that stand out as the happiest moments and the good times and how this may or may not have changed over the years?
8. Talk about now and what you enjoy doing together and/or on your own now.
(Thoughts after reading comments made by Dr. Hohn Gottman on marriage stability and on love and perspective on marriage.)